7.29.2009

Ew, vegetables!


Don't be fooled. Tyler isn't as great of a cook as he thinks he is. The above picture may look good, but be glad you weren't there to smell or taste it.


This secretly made me happy last night (although I was still a bit bummed about wasted vegetables). I hate to admit it, but I finally found a fault in Tyler's cooking skills. Silly me; for a year now I've thought he was the best person for the job to mix spices and season food. Last night, it finally went terribly wrong for him.

As part of dinner, I began sautéing fresh-from-the-garden zucchini and squash. I asked Tyler to season it (because previous to last night he had "mad seasoning skills") but instead of using a nice Italian seasoning, he decided to use CINNAMON and THYME. Yes, together. (I might also add for your enjoyment that he pronounces thyme as "TH-yme", using the "th" sound.) Needless to say, that combination will never grace our dinner table again. I almost threw up in my mouth it was so bad. (And what a bummer--I don't even think he tried it.)


Editor's note: I don't mean to pick on you, Tyler. (Okay, actually, I do. But it's all in the kindest, most gentle way.) I'm glad you aren't perfect. I love you. And I'm so glad I can finally tease you about kitchen-related blunders. I've been waiting for this day for a really, really long time. It's good to know I'm not the only one who can get tormented now. :)

No comments: