2.18.2010

RECIPE: Taco Soup

I really need to be better at taking pictures.
So I took pictures of dinner tonight (which was entirely handmade and fabulous, by the way).
I decided while taking pictures that I want a nice camera someday. An SLR. I want raw files, not jpegs. I use them at work all the time and they are so easy to edit! I also want CS4( photoshop and illustrator) so badly. I use that at work too, and it has a few really good updates I miss when I come home to my laptop with CS3. Eh, someday. (But maybe soon, while I can still get the student discount??)
 
K, I know that looks disgusting, but it is soooo yummy!


Taco Soup

1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 package taco seasoning
16oz. can corn
16oz. can kidney beans
(2) 15oz. cans diced tomatoes
8oz. can tomato sauce

Cook the ground beef with the onion.
Dump everything into a large pot and cook on medium heat until it starts to simmer. 
Garnish with cilantro, sour cream, cheese. Serve with chips.


Ta da! That's it. It took me about ten minutes total. 
Although I left off the sour cream and the cheese because I'm not eating dairy for a while. My stomach has been a little upset these past few months, and I'm starting to think that dairy might be the cause of it. (I was lactose-intolerant in high school and my freshman year of college. Ordering pizza without cheese is really embarrassing and awkward. I was cured for these past few years due to Lactagen) Thus, Tyler and I went to Costco and bought the huge case of shelf-stable soy milk. It's much cheaper than buying it at the grocery store, and the best part is it doesn't have to be refrigerated until you open it.

Anyway, the point is, tonight was a good cooking night. I'm starting to have those more often, and it's really exciting. :)





2 comments:

Courtney said...

Yum! I love taco soup. I love adding some guacamole and chips on top. Since We don't eat sour cream or cheese the guac seems to be good at replacing that creaminess.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry... I used to order cheese-less pizza all the time too. infact almost everytime we oredered pizza. Although I don't anymore I don't get upset stomachs like I used to but I still have to limit dairy (it causes inflammation starting at my lower back)