10.09.2010

Swimming Pool Exhibition



I have to confess, sometimes (most of the time, actually) I think exhibition artists are strange. I never quite understand why someone would put the time, money, and effort into creating what they create. I've just never been too fond of many exhibition artists.

But this guy is cool.

images from all over the place

Leandro Erlich created a fake swimming pool exhibition for the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art in Japan. And I think it's really neat. What do you think? Wouldn't it be fun to see in real life?

Fun fact: A 10cm layer of water over a piece of glass separates above from below. It must be a pretty serious piece of glass; some back-of-the-envelope math based on the published dimensions gives 1,100 kg (2400 lbs) of water that it has to support. Plus its own weight. (thanks, dudecraft.)

No comments: