5.04.2011

Recipe: Two-Minute Chocolate Cake

image via gildedlady.com

I don't know about you, but I love me some warm, gooey chocolate cake. And tonight I happened to stumble upon this recipe from Food Network that promised me delicious cake in just two minutes! How could I resist?


Instant Chocolate Cake
Whisk 1/4 cup flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1 egg, 3 tablespoons milk, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil and a dash of vanilla extract and salt in a large mug* until smooth. Microwave until puffed, about 2 minutes.

*Just use a regular mug. I also microwaved mine for 1:48 instead of 2 minutes, resulting in a warm, gooey bottom of the cake. Mmmm.

What a perfect night. It was delicious and perhaps the easiest dessert I have ever made. I whipped up one for me and one for the husband and we sat down for a cozy snuggle on the couch to watch Modern Family. (Anyone else love Modern Family? Tyler says I am exactly like Claire...)

2 comments:

Bay said...

WOW - thanks for posting this amazing recipe! I can't wait to try it! Your blog is so cute Alie!

Erin said...

Love it! that looks so so so good!