5.28.2009

The best chocolate chip cookies EVER. I promise.

Before you read any further, I want to confirm to you that this is the most AMAZING chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever tried. And the best one that Tyler has ever tried. And it's all courtesy of my friend Kendle, back in Tuscon. I'm sure she probably got it from someone else, too...so a warm thank you to the individual who created these so many years ago.

They simply melt in your mouth.

No, I'm not kidding. Do go make a batch right now and see for yourself.

There is one simple change to the recipe that I made tonight while making these, and they turned out just fine. I found myself without shortening in the house, so I used 1 cup of butter instead of 1/2 a cup of butter and 1/2 a cup of shortening. They still turned out fabulous. But if you have shortening, go for it.
Also, DON'T skip the part where it tells you to beat until white and fluffy! I really think that's the key to making them fabulous.

Let me know what you think.

And Courtney: I've got a challenge specifically for you. Is there a way to make these cookies a bit healthier, while still keeping the wonderful flavor? Maybe not change it entirely, but how can we add whole wheat flour to these, and still keep the delicious melt-in-your-mouth texture?


2 comments:

Courtney said...

Sorry Alex, not much I can do (considering most of the ingredients are no-no's) However, try this, substitute 1/2 of the flour with whole wheat (maybe 1 1/2 white with 1 cup ww) and by Organic Chocolate Chips (you know the ones where the only ingredient is chocolate, sugar and soy lecithen) Good Luck- they look YUMMY!

kendle sue said...

hey!! im so happy you liked them!! and you made a way cuter recipe than i did!! (i got it from my cousins wife!) they are definitely my new favorites too!!

oh and i love love love your new header!! :)