6.02.2010

Broken

Unfortunately, life has thrown us a curve ball. It's literally up and down here at the Jones house.

Last week I complained about the cockroaches we have crawling all over our kitchen. This week we were excited about finding out that baby Jack is in fact a boy, and is healthy and well. But tonight we are once again disappointed with life.

Tyler broke his arm.

No, really. You read that correctly. He really broke his arm last night playing soccer. It hurt really bad last night so I made him go to the doctor's today and get x-rays. (Can I throw in a note how much I love and adore the BYU Student Health Center? It is by far the best resource we get here as students on campus, and so many people don't even know it exists. Ten bucks for an appointment gets you any service they can render in the building - ultrasounds, x-rays, bloodwork, you name it. It's all included for just ten bucks, which is the best deal you can ever get as a student!) His x-rays showed that he broke it two ways close to his wrist, but because we have tight time constraints (we are leaving for California on Tuesday) we were referred to an outside orthopedic surgeon at Utah Valley Medical Center for an appointment tomorrow morning. This means A LOT more money, but hey...you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

I'll keep you updated - we're just praying he won't have to have surgery (rods put into his arm). Wish us luck when we have to move on Saturday! Yikes.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh no! That's so stressful! Let me know if there's anything I can do or if you need help.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

OH NO!!! Hopefully you are ok Tyler?? We have learned ourselves many many times... when it rains in pours!

Linze Kate said...

Oh my word! I am so sorry guys! I'll keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers!!! Love you both!
*muah*

家谷 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.