8.06.2010

Wedding Inspiration

I've reluctantly taken a break from graphic design this summer, and it's been very difficult to say the least. I really can't wait to get my life back together (we're moving out of my parent's house and into our apartment in Provo next week) and finally start designing again. I didn't know how much I'd really miss it. I miss sketching and poster designing. I miss typography.

To fill the void, I've been spending lots of time browsing design blogs and whatnot. In the past few days I have happened to come across some wedding blogs that feature beautiful invitations. I think if I could go back and change one thing about our wedding, it would be to have spent much more time on our invitations. I was a newbie designer who didn't know my own capabilities yet. I wish I would have had the time to really express our personalities through our invitations (although I don't think anyone but me would have appreciated them).

Here is my friend Lexi's invitation - she'll be married soon!! 
I absolutely adore everything about it.

I've also been behind on browsing the design.work.life blog, and while catching up I came across head vs. heart. It's a wedding inspiration blog and oh golly her invitations are just as beautiful as Lexi's. She made a "book" with five parts that contained a summed up version of their "story". And don't even get me started on the the gorgeous calligraphy.

More inspiration I completely fell in love with:
(wish I had the credits for the last four pictures, but I don't.)

No comments: