10.12.2010

37 Weeks

 Now that it's getting down to the wire (3 weeks!!), I figured I should document this whole pregnancy thing a little more.

[I just don't like to be in pictures, so I avoid them at all costs.]

But alas, here is my 37-week baby bump. Actually kind of cute, huh? My pregnancy emails still compare him to fruits and vegetables (which is pretty dang hilarious sometimes) and this week he is a watermelon. A 6.5 lb. watermelon, measuring in at approximately 19 inches long. [Wow. And it's my job to birth this guy. Start praying for me.] At my appointment last week, I was 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced, and this week I am 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Hey, it might not be much but progress is progress! It's nice to know that all the little twinging aches and pains down there are good for something. (I also tested positive last week for group b strep. I'm kind of bummed I will have to take antibiotics during labor...hopefully it's quick so I don't have to be hooked up to anything!)

As much as I complain about this whole baby-invading-my-body thing, it's actually such a miraculous process when you sit back and think about it. I grew a baby. I am growing a baby. Holy cow, how cool is that?! I honestly don't know how people cannot believe there is some higher power that created us. Do you really think it was just coincidence that my body is able to grow a child?! For nine months now I have been growing a mini-me&tyler! [Good thing I'm not an elephant. I don't think I could stand an invasion of my belly for 22 months.]

We're so excited to meet him. And can't wait for you all to meet him. Tyler already called first-dibs on holding his hand...sorry, ladies. ;)

1 comment:

Linze Kate said...

Sorry about the strep! I'll keep you and the baby in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm so stoked for you! It's totally adorable - your baby bump!
*muah*