11.15.2010

An Attitude of Gratitude

My neighbor&friend Jessi made a list on her blog of ten things she was grateful for, ten days before Thanksgiving. Now it's my turn.
 I am so glad I took the opportunity to write down things I am grateful for, and I encourage you all to do the same. I'm already in a happier mood because of it. :)


1. Tyler and baby Jack. I'm so grateful to have these two wonderful boys in my life.

2. Our lovely apartment which we call 'home'. It was a huge blessing to even find another apartment in our ward, let alone right in our price range and with a washer & dryer.

3. Good health. I feel blessed to have had a healthy pregnancy, a perfect labor and delivery, and a fast recovery. Plus a strong, healthy baby boy to show for it.

4. Tyler's smile. This man has the best, most genuine smile in the world. Even on my worst days I can't help but smile right along with him. After all, it was his smile that caught my eye from day one.

5. Plans for post-graduation, and the opportunity we will have to live in San Diego. Tyler works so hard for our family, and has a full-time job when he graduates. I am grateful we have a (somewhat planned) future ahead of us.

6. My parents. Without them, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I look up to them and admire both of them so much. I am grateful for their strong marriage, and that they have always put their children first. They still make so many sacrifices for us today. Thanks Mom and Dad.

7. The gospel of Jesus Christ. The atoning sacrifice of our Savior. A living prophet of God on the earth today. Knowing that Tyler and I can receive personal revelation for our family to guide our choices in life. Being sealed to Tyler for time and all eternity, and knowing that we will be together as a family in heaven.

8. My friends, and the overwhelming love and support I have received in the past few weeks. I had no idea so many people cared about me. Thank you.

9. Modern technology. Cars. The internet. Electricity. Clean drinking water. A hot shower. We take so much of this for granted!

10. That our little family always has enough to provide for our needs. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices and go without, but I know it will all be worth it in the end.

2 comments:

Kamie said...

Love LOVE this post! You and your little family are so wonderful!

A "cheery" disposition said...

such a great blog post. think i might have to do this soon.