5.09.2011

Weekend Recap


How was your Mother's Day? Mine was fantastic. 

I got breakfast in bed, a happy, well-behaved baby, a leather kindle cover, and chicken saltimbocca (see below) with roasted asparagus and potatoes for dinner. Then Tyler watched a non-action movie with me (Mona Lisa Smile) while we snuggled. It was perfect.





I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am to be a mother, participating in the most essential work to be done on earth. I feel so incredibly blessed, and want to cry all over the keyboard when I think about it. Thank you to my own beautiful mother who taught me firsthand that "no other success can compensate for failure in the home" (David O. McKay).

1 comment:

Linze Kate said...

AND, you're fantastic at it! Really, Alex... just watching you I can tell what a fabulous mother you are. I have SO much admiration for you - so expect some questions when it's my turn someday. Haha!
*muah*