3.24.2011

Kicking (and screaming)


Happy Thursday, everyone! I cleaned the house and I'm making shepherd's pie (with some tweaks here and there to make it lower-fat) for dinner tonight. It should be delicious! {Update: It was delicious! We loved it so much I'm ashamed to admit we ate half the pan. Good thing it is chock-full of vegetables!)


Does Jack really need a haircut? My mom says I'll be one of those mommas who can't bring herself to cut her kiddo's precious hair. So Jack is going to go to kindergarten with his wavy, curly hair down by his bum, but those locks sure will be beautiful.

Just kidding. Tyler would never let me grow Jack's hair out that long. Good thing we have a voice of reason in our family, right?

--------------------

Every morning for the past month or so Tyler and I would wake up to a "clunk, clunk, clunk" sound. Took me a while to figure out that he was scooting around in his crib sideways so he could stick his feet out! The front side of the crib drops down (on hinges - it doesn't slide down) and he's realized if he kicks it, it will go back and forth and makes a great play toy. What a boy.

Unfortunately we had to raise the side back up again so he doesn't get his foot stuck. 
Poor guy. It'll be like this all his life. Once he finally finds something cool it'll just get taken away.


No comments: